Thinking of Joining Us?
Stop thinking – just do it! Why:
- “Try Before You Buy” – come along to three meetings for free to see if you like it. If you don’t end up joining we’d be disappointed, but you haven’t lost anything!
- First years membership is at a discounted rate.
- We are a friendly club based at the Gerrards Cross Memorial Centre – so bar facilities available! We hold around 36 meetings per year on Thursday evenings 8-10pm – the meetings are a mixture of competitions, outside speakers, members' presentations and some pure social evenings! Please have a look at our latest Programme. On top of the formal programme we have regular club outings to local photography spots.
If you’re a beginner:
- We’ll assign you a “Buddy”. One of the experienced members ready to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.
- We have a room full of expertise on club nights. Whatever “type” of photography you want to learn about, whatever camera (or phone) system you have, the chances are we’ll have an expert on the subject – or at least someone who knows where to look. Your “Buddy” will be able to point you to someone to help. So if you have a new fancy camera, and are not sure what all the buttons and menus do – it's likely someone at the club does!
- Tech Group – Once a month we have a separate “Tech Group” meeting – delving into some technical areas in photography.
- Outings – our outings are a good opportunity to pick the brains of our more experienced photographers.
If you’re an experienced photographer:
- We have a healthy competitive environment for both print competitions and projected images. Come and pit your photographic skills against the other members of the club.
- The expertise in the club, Tech Group and Outings are equally useful to experienced photographers – you never stop learning!
Just turn up on the night, or contact us via the details on our About the Club page.
PLEASE COME ALONG AND GIVE US A TRY – WE HOPE YOU’LL STAY.